Welcome to Illini Pride!
Hello and welcome to Illini Pride! If you're reading this, you're probably a Block I member who just picked up their membership card. Hang onto this card! It is the key to tons of membership benefits throughout the entire year! At each event, no matter the sport or occasion, you'll have your card scanned or your Illini Pride number noted in order to earn your benefits.
While you've already received your membership card, we still owe you a membership shirt and handbook. Your first opportunity to pick these up will be at Illini Pride's Fall Kickoff. Come early to pick up these materials, then stick around to hear from all our fall sports teams, including the men's basketball team with coach John Groce, a football assistant coach, and Kevin Hambly and the ladies' volleyball team. You'll also learn more about Orange Krush and have the opportunity to win tons of amazing prizes!
Six things to know about Illini Pride:
1. Block I - the best way to experience Illini Football
As a Block I member, you'll be a part of over 100 years of history, as well as a new era of Illinois Football. Membership benefits include the opportunity to:
- Go on the completely free Block I road trip to an away game
- Attend Thursday pep rallies and pre-game tailgates before every home game
- Stand on the field as the team enters the stadium just before kickoff
- Participate in Block I halftime card stunts, a uniquely Illini tradition
- Receive promotional items and giveaways all year long
- Lead Memorial Stadium in cheering on our team
- Sit in the best student seats at Memorial Stadium
- Be a part of the biggest Block I in history!
Be sure to check out and learn the Block I pre-game dance that will get us pumped up for each home game this year. The season starts August 31st, so get ready to come early, be loud, pump up the crowd, and cheer the team on to victory all year long!
2. Orange Krush - The best seats in the House of 'Paign
There's no better way to see an Illini Basketball game than from an Orange Krush seat. Whether you want to be front row on the sideline, or distract free throw shooters from behind the basket, Krush is where you'll want to be. But Krush is more than just a cheering section - each member raises money to support local and national charities in order to join. In its history, the Orange Krush has donated over $2 million to charity! Visit this page to learn more about joining Krush - pledges are due in September, so get started today!
As a Krush member, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Invade an opponent's arena on an Orange Krush road trip
- Earn speical awards as a top money raiser
- Participate in pre-game tailgates with music, games, and raffle prizes
- Earn free food and other special in-game giveaways
- Lead Assembly Hall in cheering on our team to a victory!
3. Spike Squad - Intense, fast-paced volleyball and a crazy crowd
If you've never been to an Illini volleyball match before, you won't want to miss out this year. Coming off of a national runner-up appearance last fall, the team is poised for another great season. And better yet, the atmosphere at Huff Hall during a home match is unlike anything else you'll experience on campus. As an Illini Pride member, you're eligible for more than just free attendance and exciting action! Extra benefits include:
- A free Spike Squad t-shirt once you've attended a set number of matches
- A free Spike Squad road trip to an away match for the top 50 attendees
- Free food and other giveaways at nearly every match
To get these and more benefits, just have your card scanned at the Illini Pride table before each match! You won't want to miss out on the action this fall.
4. Olympic Sports
Each different sport provides its own uniquely thrilling experience, and, as an Illini Pride member, you're eligible for more benefits at each one! These range from free t-shirts to food, gift cards, and other special contests only available to our members. From our soccer team to our gymnastics team, be sure to check out all of the Olympic Sports.
In addition to cheering on our athletes, one of the fundamental goals of our organization is to give back to both campus and community. From blood and food drives to volunteering opportunities at local park build and elementary schools, be on the look out for opportunities to help us make a difference with fellow members!
6. Social Events
As an Illini Pride member, we want you to get to know other passionate sports fans and make memories that will last a lifetime. Each year, Illini Pride hosts a barndance, numerous member appreciation nights at local restaurants, and watch parties for our football and basketball teams, as well as other social outings. Check our email newsletters for details as these events approach!